Worthington Presbyterian Church
What We Believe:
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God's only Son. (Luke 9:35)
- Jesus Christ alone is Lord of all (Philippians 2:9-11)
- We believe that Jesus and God are One. (John 10:30)
- We believe that salvation can only be received through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. (Romans 5:6-10)
- We believe Holy Scripture is the revealed and infallible Word of God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Bible is God's Word to us for faith and practice. All parts of the Bible, in their original form, are inspired by God. (II Timothy 3:13-16)
- We believe that God's people are called to Holiness in all aspects of life. The sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman is to be honored as God's unique gift in creation. (Genesis 2:24)
- We call on all people, including ourselves, to repent of sinful ways and receive Jesus' forgiveness. (I John 1:6)
- In keeping with the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20), WPC seeks to be a dynamic Christian community centered in the worship of the triune God and bearing witness to the Gospel of Jesus our Lord.
- As Jesus’ disciples we strive to build vibrant lives, strong families, and a fellowship in which church members care for and love one another and together seek the well being of our community.
- By the power of the Holy Spirit, we seek to develop a vital teaching and preaching ministry aimed at drawing people to Jesus, healing, comforting, and nurturing them in the faith, equipping them for service and effective Christian living in all walks of life.